For some of us, back to school means back to the chalkboard. What’s the difference between good chalkboard chalk and bad?
- Gizmodo article on Hagoromo
- Lapsang Souchong tea from Heine Brothers
- Baron Fig Mastermind
- Hagoromo chalk (This one is my favorite of the three Japanese brands I’ve tried).
You can try out a smaller box (1 dozen), or just go for it and get the box of 72 sticks.
- Umajirushi performs almost as well, but is slightly less dense and a little louder in use.
- Rikagaku sticks are slightly narrower and a little less dense than the other two. It’s an excellent performer but a little louder and a little dustier in use.
- And just in case people are going to give you a hard time about special-ordering Japanese chalk made in Korea, you should probably have a box of Crayola chalk on hand, just so they understand.
Find us online:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/originallcharper/
- Twitter: @originaLCharper
- IG: @theweeklypencil
- Twitter: @theweeklypencil
- Twitter: @lenore_hoyt
- Facebook: Erasable Podcast, RSVP Stationery podcast